Oscar Trimboli is on a quest to create 100 million deep listeners in the world. He is an author and host of the Apple-award-winning podcast, “Deep Listening”. He is passionate about using the gift of good listening skills to bring positive change in workplaces. He consults with large organizations and shares the transformational impact it can have when leaders listen beyond words. Oscar is based in Sydney, Australia where he contributes to helping first-time runners and ocean swimmers conquer their fears and contributes to the cure of cancer through his support of the Cancer research foundation, Can Too.
In today’s episode, Oscar has me do some introspection on my own listening skills and we delve deeper into what actually makes a great listener. I really enjoyed my conversation with Oscar and I hope you will take away from it as much as I have.
- An introduction to Oscar
- Listening and Culture
- The difference between listening and hearing
- The 5 Levels of Listening
- The 125/900 Rule
- The impact of listening leaders
- The Listening Quiz
- Types of listeners
- Hacks to help you improve your listening
- Tips for asking questions
- What makes a great listener?
- The person who made the biggest impact on Oscar
- The story about the Figure 8